Thanksgiving is right around the corner and that means it’s time to start thinking about preparing your family’s Thanksgiving meal. While the idea of cooking this special feast can get overwhelming at times, following a few simple steps can help your Thanksgiving run smoothly. The Majestic Hotel in Ocean Grove wants you to have the ability to prepare the perfect Thanksgiving meal, so we’re offering some Thanksgiving planning tips!
As you begin to plan your feast, it’s important to pace yourself and give yourself the preparation time you need so that you don’t get overwhelmed on the big day. You’ll want to make your shopping list and hit the grocery store to get everything you need a week or two before Thanksgiving. You should start preparing your turkey two days before Thanksgiving. Putting it in your refrigerator will give it the time it needs to thaw so that it will cook evenly. While you’re doing this step, you can also whip up your cranberry sauce. The day before Thanksgiving is the perfect time to make your side dishes like mashed potatoes, stuffing and pies. You can even give yourself time to enjoy the Thanksgiving Day Parade by setting your table the day before!
To start preparing your Thanksgiving feast, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. The amount of time your turkey will spend in the oven depends on how heavy it is. A 10-18lb turkey should be in the oven for 3.75-4.5 hours, 18-22lb for 4.5-5 hours, 22-24lb for 5-5.5 hours and 24-29lbs should be cooked for 5.5-6.25 hours.
In most houses, the turkey is the main dish at Thanksgiving dinner. Here are some tips to ensure that your turkey is perfect!
- Remove the giblets and rinse your turkey thoroughly.
- You’ll want to use about ½ to ¾ of a cup of stuffing per pound of turkey.
- Brush the skin of your turkey with butter or oil.
- Tie the drumsticks together with string.
- Put a meat thermometer in the turkey at the thickest part of the turkey’s thigh.
- Bake until the skin is a light golden color, and then cover the turkey with foil. For the last 45 minutes, remove the foil so the turkey can brown.
- You know your turkey is cooked when it is 165 degrees
- Let the turkey sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before carving it so it stays nice and moist.
Cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast is easier than you think! With the right preparation, you’ll impress your family with an amazing meal! We know how overwhelming it can be to prepare an important meal, but with the right preparation it can be a lot of fun! This hotel in Ocean Grove wants you to have a great Thanksgiving with your family and by following these tips we know you’ll have a fantastic feast! ‘Like’ us on Facebook to see some of the big events we’ve prepared for and see how you can book your next even with us!