The sun is shining, the waves are crashing, and families are running by with ice cream cones in hand. It’s just a typical summer day in Ocean Grove, New Jersey. This beach town is home to historic houses and landmarks, parks, beautiful hotels, the Atlantic Ocean and several mouth watering restaurants.
The Majestic Hotel in Ocean Grove is one of the gems of this quaint beach town. Built in 1870 as a 20 room hotel and renovated in 2006 now featuring 15 beautiful rooms perfect for a weekend getaway, it’s a must see if you’re visiting Ocean Grove. If you’re planning on spending the weekend with us, here are some great suggestions for a perfect day in beautiful Ocean Grove!
- Wake up ocean side at the Majestic and head to Barbaric Bean Coffee Roasters on Main Ave. for your morning pick-me-up beverage of choice and a bite to eat for some fuel for the day. They have bagels, muffins and breakfast sandwiches made to order – delicious!
- Grab the beach chairs and head to the beach! The Majestic is located just yards from the Atlantic Ocean. A quiet and clean beach front, Ocean Grove beaches are the perfect destination for a relaxing day at the beach with family and friends.
- After soaking up the sun and sand on the beach for a few hours, it’s time to get something to eat. Whatever you’re in the mood for, there is a great restaurant waiting for you in walking distance. If you’re looking for something simple, Nagle’s serves up some delicious classic dishes with a great atmosphere. The SeaGrass Restaurant, serving up contemporary American fare is a favorite to many OG visitors. Try the Asian Tuna Salad or Salmon Ravioli for lunch!
- Finish out the afternoon with a walk down Main Ave. to shop around the stores that carry everything from Ocean Grove souvenirs, antiques and pet goods to clothing and accessories for you and home.
- Tired yet? For dinner, we have an amazing restaurant right in The Majestic that absolutely cannot be missed. A European Bistro, Bia, is the perfect place to wind down and talk over a delicious meal indoors or outside on the porch.
- Of course, no summer night is complete with ice cream. Head to Day’s Ice Cream for some amazing ice cream – a definite favorite by locals and visitors alike. Relax with your favorite flavor, or take it for a walk on the boardwalk or to the Ocean Grove Pier to end the perfect day in OG.
For booking information at the Majestic Hotel, give us a call at 732-775-6100. “Like” us on Facebook for updates, specials and events in Ocean Grove!